Welcome to my online portfolio, the complement/substitute for my resume. The opinions included herein are my own and do not reflect those of any client or employer, past or present. Please check out the new site: http://danieljohnsonjr.com

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mentoring a coworker while building the bridge application

Today I showed a coworker how I develop a payroll bridge application. We both went through a development checklist I'd developed, and he said it really helped him a lot to understand the code a lot better than having looked it over all by himself.

We added everything in and even took care of some of the program errors, even to the point of making the program ready for the user population to use. But on a hunch, I decided to look at the output/transaction file to verify it was all in order.

We found that the transactions were not added to the file, so we'll need to diagnose and fix it in the morning.

Once he gets up to speed in understanding how we build one of these applications, then he and I will be able to "divide and conquer" the next group of candidates.

No comments: