Welcome to my online portfolio, the complement/substitute for my resume. The opinions included herein are my own and do not reflect those of any client or employer, past or present. Please check out the new site: http://danieljohnsonjr.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What people want and how I help them get it is my passion

I think the part of my job that I enjoy the most is finding out what people want and then showing them how to get it. I realize that is a broad statement, but I think it definitely applies to my primary motivation for what I do.

For example, at work we're working on this search tool, which I shared about previously. I've been talking with potential end users of the tool to further define its requirements, while my fellow developer is working to implement these requirements. I like that I can communicate to each group based on their needs; whether it's with a user who is not so savvy about technology or with my coworker about the nitty gritty details of a SQL statement.

It hasn't been just with this project either; I can see other examples with previous projects.

No comments: